I have seen time and time again how the Lord uses us in our weakness and once again, we all entered with weakness. Askale has an injured shoulder, Ramonda has a bad cold, one of the woman leader's husband was in a bike accident, the other woman leader's child is sick, and this morning as I was putting pony tails into my daughter's hair, I discovered lice. This is the first time in all our year's in Ethiopia for our children to have lice.
In preparation for the first Gumuz women's conference, we asked for a covering of prayer. The list was long: protection, that God would bring the women to the conference from near and far, for the Holy Spirit to touch each woman's life. More on that in a future blog. We also prayed specifically for all those involved in the program: the Gumuz men leading the singing, the Gumuz women leaders who would for the first time host such an event, for Ramonda and Askale as they taught and for our family.
So 10 minutes before the program began, I found out that all our kids have lice plus some adults have nits. Since there was no time to deal with this "crisis", we sent our children to their homeschool classes with the Moes, and Ramonda and I went up to a full day's program! I left my dear husband in charge of washing all the bedding and all our PACKED SUITCASES of clothing!!!!
Yes we are leaving for North team meetings tomorrow at noon and had all our bags packed! Never mind it is the time of year when we need to ration water.
But in all this, the Lord filled each one of us with incredible peace and even joy! No we were not surprised at these trials but I was surprised that I could joyfully accept the inconvenience of this trial. That is ONLY because of the Lord and because of your prayers covering us during this time. So we thank you.
The Holy Spirit is evident in this confidence and the Lord is being honored in so many ways. We give praise. We do appreciate prayer for continued joy as we finish combing through hair, repacking and finishing the conference well. We will be travelling 5 hours tomorrow with the Moes and Ramonda so we are hoping for a joyful time of debriefing together!
In preparation for the first Gumuz women's conference, we asked for a covering of prayer. The list was long: protection, that God would bring the women to the conference from near and far, for the Holy Spirit to touch each woman's life. More on that in a future blog. We also prayed specifically for all those involved in the program: the Gumuz men leading the singing, the Gumuz women leaders who would for the first time host such an event, for Ramonda and Askale as they taught and for our family.
So 10 minutes before the program began, I found out that all our kids have lice plus some adults have nits. Since there was no time to deal with this "crisis", we sent our children to their homeschool classes with the Moes, and Ramonda and I went up to a full day's program! I left my dear husband in charge of washing all the bedding and all our PACKED SUITCASES of clothing!!!!
Yes we are leaving for North team meetings tomorrow at noon and had all our bags packed! Never mind it is the time of year when we need to ration water.
But in all this, the Lord filled each one of us with incredible peace and even joy! No we were not surprised at these trials but I was surprised that I could joyfully accept the inconvenience of this trial. That is ONLY because of the Lord and because of your prayers covering us during this time. So we thank you.
The Holy Spirit is evident in this confidence and the Lord is being honored in so many ways. We give praise. We do appreciate prayer for continued joy as we finish combing through hair, repacking and finishing the conference well. We will be travelling 5 hours tomorrow with the Moes and Ramonda so we are hoping for a joyful time of debriefing together!

Can't wait to hear 'the rest of the story' :) So glad that you are married to such an amazing man... Love, mom
ReplyDelete