It has been a week preparing to return to Gesses. Due to Rolf's busy schedule with language school, he had a long list of things to work on this week. One of these things included installing a backseat to our landcruiser so that it now seats 9 instead of 6. Through an Ethiopian welder's expertise and Rolf's understanding of how to design it, they put something together that will be excellent.
It is a 3 person seat that faces forward and can be stored up against the middle seat when we have a lot of stuff to transport. It will give us the ability to drive somewhere with extra passengers and all have seatbelts.
The boxes of food and books, the roller bags of clothing and all the miscellaneous items are piling up by the front door. Rolf will have a full evening packing the landcruiser. It is like putting a puzzle together to fit everything in such a small space. And with it being rainy season, he would prefer to keep things off the roof rack as it means having to tarp and tie.
What an excellent time it has been in Addis (despite it being the coldest and rainiest rainy season we have ever experienced). It poured almost the entire day today!
This has been the hardest trip to pack for. I don't enjoy packing for 7 people especially with a 20 month old daughter who likes to pull things out of boxes and bags. It always takes many more hours than I plan for and I find emptying the drawers, closets, fridge and freezer the hardest.
More than that though, I have found it the hardest emotionally and spiritually. I am definitely not a city woman so I yearn to be back in the countryside but will I be ready to face all the challenges again. Will I be able to embrace homeschooling? Will I be able to joyfully serve all the women that come to my door with different needs? Will I be able to balance family and ministry? Can I live in Gesses without fear for what could happen and trust that the Lord will care for all our needs?
I can do all things through God who gives me strength......God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.
It is a 3 person seat that faces forward and can be stored up against the middle seat when we have a lot of stuff to transport. It will give us the ability to drive somewhere with extra passengers and all have seatbelts.
The boxes of food and books, the roller bags of clothing and all the miscellaneous items are piling up by the front door. Rolf will have a full evening packing the landcruiser. It is like putting a puzzle together to fit everything in such a small space. And with it being rainy season, he would prefer to keep things off the roof rack as it means having to tarp and tie.
What an excellent time it has been in Addis (despite it being the coldest and rainiest rainy season we have ever experienced). It poured almost the entire day today!
This has been the hardest trip to pack for. I don't enjoy packing for 7 people especially with a 20 month old daughter who likes to pull things out of boxes and bags. It always takes many more hours than I plan for and I find emptying the drawers, closets, fridge and freezer the hardest.
More than that though, I have found it the hardest emotionally and spiritually. I am definitely not a city woman so I yearn to be back in the countryside but will I be ready to face all the challenges again. Will I be able to embrace homeschooling? Will I be able to joyfully serve all the women that come to my door with different needs? Will I be able to balance family and ministry? Can I live in Gesses without fear for what could happen and trust that the Lord will care for all our needs?
I can do all things through God who gives me strength......God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.

Dearest Ange, Thanks so much for sharing about your struggles so openly! We love you so, so much and I wish I could be there to help you by entertaining Sonia and Nadia and Ariana:) Praying for safe travels for you, for a great welcome back to Gesses, and strength, energy, and stamina both for the journey and your time back in Gesses.
ReplyDelete