It has been 12 years since we stood before our friends and family with our hearts full of love for each other and for our Lord. We have spent 9 of those years in Ethiopia. 2 of those years Rolf has been a student at Providence College and Seminary and 11 of those years, I have been either pregnant or nursing. Crazy! But there is no one I would rather have spent these years with than my best friend.
I praise God for my husband who loves me unconditionally and is an amazing father to our children. It has been an amazing journey of serving the Lord together. Although we haven't had a lot of opportunity to "date" each other in our marriage, I believe our love and commitment to each other has grown because God has remained central to our relationship. Praise God we can be a cord of 3 strands that is not easily broken.
Yesterday, our friends Petros and Blain blessed us by serving our family supper and bringing us an anniversary cake!
I praise God for my husband who loves me unconditionally and is an amazing father to our children. It has been an amazing journey of serving the Lord together. Although we haven't had a lot of opportunity to "date" each other in our marriage, I believe our love and commitment to each other has grown because God has remained central to our relationship. Praise God we can be a cord of 3 strands that is not easily broken.
Yesterday, our friends Petros and Blain blessed us by serving our family supper and bringing us an anniversary cake!
Today, our friends Sandra and Yasmine blessed us by caring for our kids while we went out for lunch. Then the kids celebrated our anniversary with us while we went bowling! Yes there is a 10 pin bowling alley in Addis Ababa.
And we thank all of you: our friends and family who have held our marriage and our family up in prayer. We have been blessed and encouraged by you each of our 12 years together!




Love the pictures, especially the one of you two:) And bowling in Addis - wow! Happy you could celebrate your anniversary with a date and with your children.
ReplyDelete