August 28th was my birthday. I am now 8 years old! We were in Addis for my birthday.
Because of this, we got to do some special things. Although it is
still rainy season, when I woke up the sun was shining. This was
good news because it meant we could go swimming! The bad news was
that there was no electricity at the guesthouse so my mom couldn't
bake a cake for me. She asked the kitchen staff if they could bake
a cake. They said, “Only if the electricity comes on.” At tea
time (10am), they had baked a cake using a butagas oven instead since
the electricity still hadn't come on. They decorated it with lots of
pink and green whipped cream and it was so yummy!
After that, we left for a hot spring
swimming pool because it wasn't a very hot day. We had such a great
time and it didn't rain at all.
We had delicious ice cream cones and
then went our for supper at one of my favorite restaurants where
pizza is baked in a brick oven.
Even though I couldn't invite any of my
best friends to my birthday party, (because they live outside of
Addis) I had a great day. And when I get back to Gesses, I will have
a hen waiting for me to name. By Ariana Kruse
Ariana, you are a lovely girl inside
and out. You bring so much joy to our home. You have a heart to
help others and are always ready with your bag of bandaids. You have
a heart for those who don't know Jesus or are suffering from illness.
You are a prayer warrior and a peacemaker. May the love of Jesus
continue to shine through you everyday!







No comments:
Post a Comment