What is our Estimated Date of Departure? That is presently a difficult question to answer. We know that we are "next in line" to get our work permits processed. One of the problems is that the Charities & Societies Board has been revamped as well as the offices that issue spiritual work permits. I don't actually understand the whole process as our paperwork needs to go to numerous offices. As far as we know, these offices are only partially functioning.
These issues are obviously not only affecting our work permit. Many missionaries and aid workers are waiting to get their work permits. Pray that God would clearly move in this area so that SIM staff in Ethiopia would have wisdom and that we would have clear direction.
It is also a reminder to us that though there are physical and spiritual needs all over the world, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get into countries to share the message of salvation. When you pray for missionaries, pray that they would find favor with the government. Pray for key nationals to be moved into positions of influence. Pray that our work permit would be processed in God's timing.
With a lengthy delay it becomes difficult to focus on what is ahead. I have always been a person who has attempted to "bloom where I am planted" and so I am determined to bloom here until we are called to move on. At the same time, we desire to prepare our hearts, bodies and minds for ministry among the Gumuz. Pray that Rolf and I will have wisdom and patience during this time.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment