Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who is in Control?

We believe God is able but we don't always believe He will do what WE want Him to do.   So we respond by helping Him out as much as we can....maybe even hoping to manipulate circumstances  Meanwhile, He is patiently waiting for us to give up control, stop fighting and depend on Him.  After all it isn't about what we get from Him but on our relationship with Him - our Father.

I see a lot of God's relationship to His children as I interact with my 2 year old.  When Nadia tries to dress herself, she can get quite mixed up.  Her favorite word being "NO", I am near at hand waiting until she is ready to look over to me for some help. 

I wonder how often our Father smiles to Himself while waiting for us to look to Him and say:  "I can't do this.  I have tried every angle and life is getting more confusing than before.  Can you help me?"  And we can believe in faith that He responds to our request because He has been watching all along. 

Two weeks ago, we received news that we would not be able to receive a development work permit and would have to wait for a spiritual work permit.   We prayed and sought the Lord.  Rolf ponders while my mind begins to whirl with solutions to the problem.   I have to be intentional about letting go of my human solutions and giving control over to my Father.   Jesus' question to Philip comes to mind, "How should we feed all these people?"  Jesus then shows the world how to look beyond what is humanly possible.  After all, our ways are intertwined with the world and His ways are coming straight from heaven....what more could we ask for?

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment