Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Created for His glory

"Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."  Isaiah 43:7

In the midst of all the suffering and destruction in the world, I am reminded that we are created for His glory.  It is beautiful to hear my children asking Jesus to show himself to the people in Japan and the people in the US who have lost their homes.  "Let them not be too sad.  Let them know you love them Jesus."  I sang Kum Ba Yah to the children last night.  "Somebody's crying Lord, Kum By Ya (come by here)"  Yes Lord.  Reveal yourself to those who have lost everything but their lives. 

We have attempted to create security for ourselves though this can only be found in our future heavenly home.  May we remember that we were created for His glory and may we seek to be esteemed by our Lord.   "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."  Isaiah 66:2

1 comment: