It's November and the sun is shining
warmly on my back. Next year we will be bundling ourselves in layers of winter
clothing in hopes of feeling the distant sunlight on our faces.
After years of home assignments planned during Canadian
summer months and after enjoying 12 months of summer year after year, I am
fearful....of a climate change.
It's November and our children are
barefoot, playing soccer on the sandy dirt. It's November and the warm sunshine is pouring into our open classroom windows. It's November and I can't even find a
pair of socks between the children and myself. Flip flops are
sitting neatly on their shelf waiting to be worn into the village.
It's November and
the leaves of most trees are beginning to turn colors and fall. They
will begin their time of hibernation not from the cold but to survive
the dry months ahead. The temperature is rising and the grass will
soon wither. Meanwhile, the mango tree will begin to pour its
nutrients into sweet fruit; its' bright green leaves glowing in the
midst of a barren land. A symbol of God's faithfulness. His
provision in the most difficult of times.
Next November, I may yearn for
the warmth of Ethiopia's sunshine but I trust that He will still
provide a symbol of hope in a cold and barren land.

No comments:
Post a Comment