Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Transitioning from Canada to Gesses (Sept 2015)

It has been months since I have taken time to sit and write. I have missed it.  I love to bridge my life with yours and process the experiences our life here brings us.

I thought I would write this summer. I didn't. There is something beautiful about sharing one's sorrows, joys and experiences in person that for me writing cannot replace.

So we loved our time with people. We loved sharing our lives with those God gave to us. There was something so refreshing about loving and being loved in return....not for what we did but for who we are.


Then it was time to return to Ethiopia and our children were glad. For them, life is simpler in Gesses. They loved their time in Canada but to them, home is Gesses. We returned asking God to reveal to us His purpose for our family and future ministry with the Gumuz. It has not been an easy decision but we are beginning to accept that our time of ministry, in remote locations, is coming to an close....for now. This is not easy to let go. It's been my life for 20 years. But for now, we are here. I invite you again, into my heart and the beauty and pain of ministry among Gumuz – who desperately need to find release from fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment