Friday, June 29, 2012

Artwork by Kalia and Ariana

My girls LOVE to draw, color, paint and create.  I may be more aware of this fact because our son does not particularly enjoy these things.  He will draw when required but rarely for pleasure.  I thought I would share some recent artwork done in Gesses.   I try to have art class with the kids once a week as part of our school schedule.  I am using a book called Artworks for Kids which includes different mediums like painting, weaving, printing etc and the painted animals are from that book.  They were to choose an animal and then use shapes like squares, triangles and circles to form the body.  Each section was to be colored in different ways. I was quite pleased with the end result.  Not surprising, Ariana drew a cat and Kalia drew a horse.  Joel drew a turkey but didn't want a picture taken of it (though it was a fine art piece).

Ariana also loves to draw treehouses and for awhile she drew one each day.  I think it is beautiful.  Kalia continues to love horses and draws them often so I included two of hers here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment