Monday, May 4, 2015

Failing with words

     There is much to say but little time. When the day comes to a close, we often fall into our beds exhausted. The heat alone is enough to take us down. In February, I was unable to share about our fantastic trip with my parents to Kenya and Tanzania and the North team meetings that followed a month later. 
     March and April brought an unrelenting intense heat unlike what we have experienced in previous ears. We lie on mattresses that continue to give off heat at the end of the day. Finally cutting a plastic water tank in half and cuddling with frozen water bottles at night brought some relief.
     I haven't written of Joel's head dive out of a tree, the number of scorpions walking our floors at night, or our dramatic hens that disrupt our classroom each time they take a break from sitting on their empty nest. Whether it is the heat or a mental mixup, our three hens have stopped laying. But they continue to play the part.
     I have failed to describe the battered women that have come to my door after their husbands have beat them and the opportunities I have to pray for them. Opportunities to speak words of hope when they feel life is no longer worth living.
     One day, I hope to write of the beauty and harshness of this land and share the burdens that we often carry for those who are broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment