We had hoped to be back in Gesses by this weekend but it is typical to delay. I have been so pleased to see the progress Rolf has made in building prefab walls, purchasing for our station needs, personal needs, teammates needs and other missionary needs. When there is really only one city to purchase things in, the list can get really long. Who wants to travel 1,2 or 3 days to pick up groceries, household goods, office supplies and attend meetings? So usually, people wait until there are numerous reasons to make the trip.
The truck carrying supplies to our station will leave on Sunday (and no later due to the Ethiopian New Year coming up shortly). It will take Emmanuel 2.5 days to get to Gesses, 1/2 day to unload and rest and another 2.5 days to return to Addis. Ethiopian New Year is the biggest holiday of the year and happens next Monday.
We hope to leave early-mid week but unfortunately my role is fairly limited as I can't go out purchasing but I am excited to have some visiting planned for Sunday afternoon. Joan Schneider (fellow missionary) has kept up with several Sherkole refugee women who are presently living in Addis. She is picking me up tomorrow afternoon and we will visit them together. It will be a treat to speak Arabic again and sharing good news with them. They have just finished their month of fasting.
I haven't been able to access blogs (including my own) for 2 days so I will try and upload a couple of groups of pictures today. You, my readers, are my motivating factor in taking pictures and writing.
The truck carrying supplies to our station will leave on Sunday (and no later due to the Ethiopian New Year coming up shortly). It will take Emmanuel 2.5 days to get to Gesses, 1/2 day to unload and rest and another 2.5 days to return to Addis. Ethiopian New Year is the biggest holiday of the year and happens next Monday.
We hope to leave early-mid week but unfortunately my role is fairly limited as I can't go out purchasing but I am excited to have some visiting planned for Sunday afternoon. Joan Schneider (fellow missionary) has kept up with several Sherkole refugee women who are presently living in Addis. She is picking me up tomorrow afternoon and we will visit them together. It will be a treat to speak Arabic again and sharing good news with them. They have just finished their month of fasting.
I haven't been able to access blogs (including my own) for 2 days so I will try and upload a couple of groups of pictures today. You, my readers, are my motivating factor in taking pictures and writing.

Oh, please do continue writing! We love to follow along on your journey and feel much more like we are part of it, thanks to you sharing here!
ReplyDelete