After only day two, we were all really tired. I felt like I was dragging my feet. Was it the numerous stairs that we had to ascend and descend to the different areas? Was it the change in diet? (lots of meat and lots of oil) Was it all the conversations and sessions? Was it the late nights? (Our children go to bed at 7ish in Gesses and now the programs were going until 8:45 pm). Well I believe it was a combination.
Two nights in a row, I hardly got any sleep ... not because of kids but I felt really achy and tired. Well yesterday morning, I woke up and I knew ... STREP THROAT. I had a fever, my entire body ached, my tonsils were touching each other, my lymph nodes were swollen. What was I to do? In an hour, I was to share my testimony. I decided to apply the biblical verses on fasting to my situation. The point is not to draw focus to your weak body but rather wash your face, get dressed and face the day. So that was what I did.
Two nights in a row, I hardly got any sleep ... not because of kids but I felt really achy and tired. Well yesterday morning, I woke up and I knew ... STREP THROAT. I had a fever, my entire body ached, my tonsils were touching each other, my lymph nodes were swollen. What was I to do? In an hour, I was to share my testimony. I decided to apply the biblical verses on fasting to my situation. The point is not to draw focus to your weak body but rather wash your face, get dressed and face the day. So that was what I did.
I made it through and though my testimony may not have been presented with as much emotion as I would have liked, I was able to share.
I found the doctor at tea time and he only had to take a brief look at my tonsils to confirm my strep throat. I was on amoxicillin within half an hour and made it through our lunch date. (We had to pick names and sit with different people throughout the week).
After that I crashed for a few hours ... still had a fever and an achy body but I knew it would pass. By 4 pm, I was able to go down to the pool so that I could care for our 3 youngest while Rolf was in the pool with the other two.
That was the greatest challenge here at Sodere. We needed some full time extra hands (that our kids would respond to).
So this morning Rolf shares and I wonder what his night was like with the two children in his room ... time for breakfast.

No comments:
Post a Comment