Many of you were following the challenges I was facing when a young mom brought her 1 month old baby to me with burns on the arm, leg and torso. I had hoped to take several pictures to show you but didn't think of it the first week she brought the baby to me. I took these pictures after debrieding the burn (scraping off the old skin).
I haven't seen the baby again since the week I took these pictures. The healing was slow since the mom only came 4 times in 3 weeks instead of daily. A one month old baby isn't valued and caring for a sick or injured baby is very difficult in an environment where women have to work so hard.
Since they didn't return, I am almost too afraid to ask what happened. That is the challenge of treating in this context (maybe it is for doctor's in the west as well). If the patient heals, they don't come back to tell me that the treatment worked. If the patient doesn't heal, they don't come back but rather try something else. They are looking for instant relief and healing, not realizing that some
treatment will take time and perseverance.
I have often been reminded of Jesus' healing of the 10 lepers. They are healed as they go on their way but only one returns to thank Jesus. Jesus then asks, "Where are the others? Did I not heal all 10? Your faith has made you well." Jesus knew they were all healed but he still desired to hear them give praise to God. It is a good reminder for each of us ... when the Lord answers our prayers, do we verbally give Him our praise? And when we ask you to pray for our needs, do we thank you enough? May we be a people of praise!
No comments:
Post a Comment