Thank you for praying. I was filled with joy despite a very intense day of people, programs, hospitality and sick kids. My official duties for the week are done (we have taken the day off of school), Rolf has left for Sherkole as of 10 am this morning and the kids are slowly mending.
This morning, as I went to see if the girls/ladies program was in session, I was so disappointed to see no one had arrived. I have to question at times whether even non-formal Bible and mother tongue literacy is really needed among the women. But then one sees what a difference knowledge has, and again we press on.
Well just as I was about to leave, several women arrived and then several more. I left after a few minutes since Wohiis teaches Friday mornings.
I was able to prepare some letters for Rolf to take with him and see him off. Your prayers will continue to strengthen us now as Rolf spends an intense 4 days with friends, with Sudanese who are feeling great despair at returning as refugees. Pray that Rolf would have all that he needs for this time. And pray also for the kids and I as we recuperate from the week.
This morning, as I went to see if the girls/ladies program was in session, I was so disappointed to see no one had arrived. I have to question at times whether even non-formal Bible and mother tongue literacy is really needed among the women. But then one sees what a difference knowledge has, and again we press on.
Well just as I was about to leave, several women arrived and then several more. I left after a few minutes since Wohiis teaches Friday mornings.
I was able to prepare some letters for Rolf to take with him and see him off. Your prayers will continue to strengthen us now as Rolf spends an intense 4 days with friends, with Sudanese who are feeling great despair at returning as refugees. Pray that Rolf would have all that he needs for this time. And pray also for the kids and I as we recuperate from the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment