Friday, March 16, 2012

Arrived in Addis, Staying at CMF again....windburn again?

We had a bumpy ride to Addis and the winding roads combined with the up and down motion can make even the strongest stomach feel ill. I seemed to have actually slightly injured my lower back due to several drop offs that appear on some of the best paved sections of the road. But we made it safely and always thank our Father for His care for us. 
 We arrived Tuesday evening and the past two days have been busy with Rolf running errands in the city while the kids and I stayed at the CMF compound just outside of Addis. The temperature has significantly risen since our last stay and we also brought warmer clothing. It is still chilly at night but warms up nicely by midday. 
 I managed to get two days of homeschooling in and we have all enjoyed spending lots of time outdoors. Gesses has been so hot the past few weeks that our afternoons are spent indoors. The CMF compound has a trampoline and so the 3 oldest kids and I spent some time reading together about George Muller's life. Joel was bareback (as he usually is when the sun gets warm) and the wind was fairly steady. 
 Well this evening, I discovered that Joel's face and back were completely red! How could I forget? This happened to us in January when we stayed here. All the kids got windburn. Now it was likely a combination of windburn and sunburn as the sun was actually warm and we were lounging on a black trampoline! The other children had minor burns and chapped lips. And tomorrow we are spending the whole day outdoors again as the homeschool fellowship is going horseback riding at our favorite place - Lake Wonchi! We will be sure to apply sunscreen and hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment