I had planned to update our blog over the past couple of days but that hasn't happened. I am hoping to do that tomorrow though as time is running out. We had a safe trip to Addis on Wednesday and arrived on Thursday just in time for supper. We decided to go to a restaurant before going to the guesthouse. The restaurant had a full length mirror in the bathroom. Kalia and I couldn't help but look at ourselves in the mirror (not a good idea after a road trip in this country). Kalia asked me: "Do you think that the people will know we are from the country?" She verbalized what I was thinking and all I could say was: "Yes probably."
Friday morning we had meetings all morning with the SIM admin and then spent a few hours in the afternoon finishing up some annual reports. At 2:30pm, we got back into the car to our children's dismay and drove 2 hours to the homeschool retreat.
We had a lovely weekend which I will write more about tomorrow! We stayed at Red Fox Greenhouses which is a German owned business that exports geranium and Poinsetta cuttings to Europe and North America. The family that manages the greenhouse are part of the homeschool program at Bingham and invited us all to stay with them.
We returned to Addis on Sunday night and are busy with errands and meetings until Thursday. We still plan to leave for Gesses on Friday.
Friday morning we had meetings all morning with the SIM admin and then spent a few hours in the afternoon finishing up some annual reports. At 2:30pm, we got back into the car to our children's dismay and drove 2 hours to the homeschool retreat.
We had a lovely weekend which I will write more about tomorrow! We stayed at Red Fox Greenhouses which is a German owned business that exports geranium and Poinsetta cuttings to Europe and North America. The family that manages the greenhouse are part of the homeschool program at Bingham and invited us all to stay with them.
We returned to Addis on Sunday night and are busy with errands and meetings until Thursday. We still plan to leave for Gesses on Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment