Thursday, March 29, 2012

On the road again....with seabands

We are leaving in 2 hours for Gesses and will drive until dark, find a hotel and then finish the trip tomorrow.   A few weeks ago, we mentioned to another SIM family that our kids always got carsick and they mentioned that they had some seabands we could try.  In fact, they live in Addis so we could have the 3 sets.  Kalia, Joel and Ariana have been wearing them most of the morning already "getting used to them".  They are a soft fabric band with a white ball that rests on the inside of your wrist applying acupressure to a pressure point that apparently reduces nausea.  The kids commented:  "I hope they work in the gorge."  This is a 1.5 hour winding road through a beautiful gorge that makes even the hardiest travellers feel ill.  I said, "If they work, I will be sure to pass let the seaband company know! And our friends too!" 
 
We appreciate prayer for safety in travel once again and that we would be filled with God's love and joy as we return to serve the Gumuz. 

1 comment:

  1. Have a good trip! I'd be interested to hear if the seabands work!

    Jaimee

    ReplyDelete