Monday, April 23, 2012

Health outreach Monday day 1: Guests arrive

I had hoped to write daily updates during this week but I ended up being involved far beyond what I imagined.  On Monday, we expected the team to arrive by supper but they were unable to leave as early as they hoped.   Instead they arrived exhausted at 8:30pm after 12 hours on the road and went straight to bed.  But our prayers were answered and they arrived safely.


Dr. Bernard is from Nigeria and his wife is from the UK where they live.  For the past year, he has been the SIM doctor for missionaries and Ethiopian employees.   Minah is the SIM nurse and her husband Jim has been working at Bingham academy in a support role there.  They have one daughter Millie at home (15yr old) and she came along. 

Minah has been a kindred spirit and an excellent health support person to me these past 8 months. I have been able to call or email her with health concerns or advice on different situations that have arisen at my front door.  She and her family are returning to the US this summer.

I approached Minah about coming out to Gesses a number of months ago and when her response was enthusiastic, we began praying about it.  We have truly seen that the Lord prepared the way for them to come and that their coming has had a positive impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment