Join with us in praying that this Easter, the gospel message will go out with power. It is 1 year ago that the Gumuz stepped into leading their own church after the highland Ethiopian evangelists left Gesses.
This Sunday, the church will perform a drama which they are very excited about. This morning, at our women's meeting, Yasheko (who is in the drama) enthusiastically retold the Easter story to all the women after I had just finished a lesson on Adam and Eve's sin. She could tell it so well which I believe was largely due to having been part of acting it out.
Using pictures is only partially effective as they have so little contact with paper, while drama seems to engage them more fully. I hope to improve my own teaching by utilizing drama more fully.
This Sunday, the church will perform a drama which they are very excited about. This morning, at our women's meeting, Yasheko (who is in the drama) enthusiastically retold the Easter story to all the women after I had just finished a lesson on Adam and Eve's sin. She could tell it so well which I believe was largely due to having been part of acting it out.
Using pictures is only partially effective as they have so little contact with paper, while drama seems to engage them more fully. I hope to improve my own teaching by utilizing drama more fully.

No comments:
Post a Comment