Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to Gesses

It has been a successful long weekend in Bahir Dar (a good mix of business, grocery shopping, socializing and updating this blog!)  It may be awhile before I can update pictures again.   We are ready to head back to Gesses tomorrow at 6am.  This way we can arrive back before lunch (and before the full heat of the day). 

This morning, the children did some schoolwork, Rolf studied, I did housework and packed.  I also met with Betsy (a nurse we hiked to the falls with) so that she could look at Kalia's leg wound.  Kalia fell onto an upturned plug that was on our verandah in Gesses and it gouged a fairly deep hole into her leg (just below the knee).  Kalia has been limping for the past 5 days and so I wanted to make sure there was no major damage.  Betsy felt it was healing well and just to keep nursing it. 

I had hoped to do some skyping today but the cough that has been going around our family has hit me so I can hardly talk.   Trust that you have all enjoyed catching up on our lives through pictures......and we would love to connect better with you so please do let us know how YOU are doing. 

Thank you in advance for praying for safety as we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment