Friday, October 21, 2011

Tuesday, Day 7 Joy of the Lord is my strength


Today the praise song from 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 was running through my mind. "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." (I realize the context is a bit off but 4 of our 5 children were certainly pressing me on every side.)
Yes Lord, I am trading my sorrows for the Joy of the Lord. This morning I had to intentionally do this as I despaired of not knowing when Rolf would return. 
Another wakeful night - taking kids to the bathroom, dealing with itchy bites, Nadia coughing, earache, etc. This morning, when Rolf mentioned that he wasn't sure when he would be able to leave, I was definitely despairing. After a couple of personal melt downs, I was able to pull myself together for the rest of the day.
Yes I am feeling hard pressed but I am thankful that I do have the joy of the Lord. That is my strength. 
And....praise the Lord, Rolf has the go ahead to return to us tomorrow. Though the paperwork did not get completed, the number of days for that to happen was unknown and so he will return to Addis sometime in November (when car registrations are due anyways).

His mercies are new every morning and tomorrow is a new day....one that we trust will bring Rolf back to us safely. Thank you for your prayers for the Lord to sustain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment