Friday, I sensed the Lord leading me in a unique way. Thursday I had all but given up the search for a vehicle. I had decided against purchasing the LandCruiser available at the Toyota dealer and wondered if I might not have to order a new one.
Before I pursued that however, God put a fellow missionary in my path who advised me to consult our mission's mechanic, an Ethiopian named Mekbeb. Mekbeb agreed to search for a vehicle and then get back to me in a week or two when he found just the right one. I trusted he would find us the best possible used vehicle around, so I left it in his (and the Lord's) hands and set about making preparations for returning to Gesses with Travis who was planning to depart Addis sometime Saturday.
As I went about packing to return to Gesses empty handed, another friend (whom I dropped in on for an entirely different purpose than asking about a vehicle) offered that a family they knew were selling their vehicle and suggested I call and inquire. The short version of all of this is that the friend of our friend was willing to sell us their 2005 Toyota LandCruiser hardtop right away and for a price that is comparable to other such vehicles. What makes it even more ideal is that this family was hoping their vehicle could bless a family working in the country-side. So they (and we) are very happy with the arrangement.
Today (Monday) Mekbeb inspected the car and approved it. This was a great relief to me since I knew if he did not think it was worthy, I would be back to 'square one' looking for something else. I am currently in the process of having a sales agreement, title transfer and money transfer organized so that I can drive the vehicle back to Gesses as soon as possible. I thank God for his provision in getting me this far and trust he will finish what's been started. I am also grateful for all your prayers on our behalf.
Rolf


No comments:
Post a Comment