I get up at 6am. At 6:30, I see that we have cell coverage so I call Rolf. We have a good chat. The kids all wake up at 7 and life begins. Kids go to school and I go to a neighbours' house with Andrea to practice Gumuz language.
Mesalech, our house worker, has malaria or typhoid and I send her home at lunch for the rest of the day. She will go to Dibate tomorrow to get tested. Kids are itchy....I need to spray more beds.
Kalia makes buns, I bake bread and the others take baths in a tub on the back porch.
Meanwhile, Rolf is busy with purchasing, phoning around, etc. He picks up a rabbit given to us by another missionary family. This friend tells Rolf of a land cruiser that is for sale by someone they know. Rolf calls them and sets up a time to meet them and see the land cruiser.
Is this the one? The land cruiser is the right model, in great condition, duty paid, private sale and the owners want to sell it to a down country family. Only one thing lacking....someone else is planning to look at it tomorrow (Saturday).
Rolf and I were able to text or call throughout the day....thank you, Lord.
Travis was planning to leave tomorrow (Sat) to return to Gesses. He will wait until the decision is made re the land cruiser. If Rolf is able to purchase the vehicle, he will stay in Addis for a few more days. Otherwise, he will return with Travis either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.
Thanks for being part of this exciting journey where God already knows the ending! We are so thankful that we are in his hands and his plan is perfect. Nothing is too difficult for our Lord! We are filled with peace.
Joel (and all of us) wonder: When is daddy coming home? We hope to know tomorrow. This evening, the Schwenks, Andrea and I meet for a time of prayer. Please join with us:)
Mesalech, our house worker, has malaria or typhoid and I send her home at lunch for the rest of the day. She will go to Dibate tomorrow to get tested. Kids are itchy....I need to spray more beds.
Kalia makes buns, I bake bread and the others take baths in a tub on the back porch.
Meanwhile, Rolf is busy with purchasing, phoning around, etc. He picks up a rabbit given to us by another missionary family. This friend tells Rolf of a land cruiser that is for sale by someone they know. Rolf calls them and sets up a time to meet them and see the land cruiser.
Is this the one? The land cruiser is the right model, in great condition, duty paid, private sale and the owners want to sell it to a down country family. Only one thing lacking....someone else is planning to look at it tomorrow (Saturday).
Rolf and I were able to text or call throughout the day....thank you, Lord.
Travis was planning to leave tomorrow (Sat) to return to Gesses. He will wait until the decision is made re the land cruiser. If Rolf is able to purchase the vehicle, he will stay in Addis for a few more days. Otherwise, he will return with Travis either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.
Thanks for being part of this exciting journey where God already knows the ending! We are so thankful that we are in his hands and his plan is perfect. Nothing is too difficult for our Lord! We are filled with peace.
Joel (and all of us) wonder: When is daddy coming home? We hope to know tomorrow. This evening, the Schwenks, Andrea and I meet for a time of prayer. Please join with us:)

We will pray (though I don't actually know if you get any of these comments anyway!!) :) Chantelle
ReplyDelete