Today would prove to be a challenging one but we made it to lunch and that is half the battle. Nicole and I both lost our househelp this morning as a close friend died and they went to Dibate for the likso (funeral) today. This meant that neither of us had someone to watch the younger ones while we did school.
I had a language lesson with Wohis and also prepared a lesson with him for the kids. Tomorrow, the children (and the moms) begin Gumuz language class and I am aiming to make it interactive and fun. It took awhile to demonstrate how to do that but I am hopeful that it will indeed happen.
I will let you know how it goes but involves lots of movement, objects, a poem and a song.
At 11:30, I quickly made lunch for both the Schwenks and us as Nicole was still teaching. At noon, my kids came home having had some issues with each other so.....after lunch, Kalia and Joel swept and washed my floor. My attempts at creative discipline are paying off! My house is getting cleaned and the lessons are sinking in. (If they complain about the job, they get another one so the job is done quietly). Actually Joel washed his 1/2 of the floor with great gusto and may ask to do it again sometime:)
The bedbugs are gone but we are still all dealing with itchy spots on our bodies....just comes with the environment.
We are hoping to have Rolf back with us Wednesday but we are aware that delays are inevitable.
Thank you for praying for us. For me as I manage our home and for Rolf as he deals with all the logistics of purchasing a vehicle. Your prayers are felt. His mercies are new every morning. Tuesday, October 18, 2011
MONDAY, Day 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment