Today I attempted to go to church with our 5 little ones knowing it would be a challenging event. It was. I didn't sleep well and so had a headache going into the day but I was determined to lean on the Lord for strength and patience.
We made it through 45 minutes of the service but our space got smaller and smaller (as people come into the service, everyone moves closer to the person beside them. It doesn't take long for a western kid to get grumpy when they are squished. Instead of waiting outside in the sun for the service to end just to greet the women, I decided to go home. It was a good decision.
We had our own family church time as usual even though Rolf wasn't there and then the kids played and I hoped for a nap. That didn't happen since Sonia decided a morning nap was enough. So instead, I baked some carrot cookies and chocolate cake for school snack for the next couple of days.
Travis arrived back from Addis (he was gone 8 days and so Andrea and I spent a lot of meals together). He brought some of our goods with him so the children were cheered by chocolate bars and cornflakes!
The children and I continued to read from William Carey's biography and the children drew pictures of the ship sailing to India. My circumstances seem very plush considering what this family all endured for the sake of the gospel.
We can do all things through Christ who strengthen us (as long as we actually embrace Him in the experience.)Tuesday, October 18, 2011
SUNDAY, Day 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment