Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Drama: performance 2 and 3

The Williamson family arrived back at supper time on the 24th after 6 weeks away and so we planned Christmas lunch with them and the Schwenks.    Mesalech and Adasay also joined us for this meal (though I don’t think they thoroughly enjoyed our chicken with mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn as much as we did).
At 2 pm, the children did their second performance which was supposed to be for the Williamsons. We had also invited our 2 guards and the Gumuz family that lives near us.   We were just ending scene one when we realized the Williamsons had not actually arrived!   Well we decided we may as well go ahead and finish it and then perform it again.  (Their son Micah was having a nap and so they were delayed).
We had coffee and birthday cake (to celebrate Jesus’ birthday) and then the Williamson’s arrived.  I was amazed at how happily the kids agreed to do the whole drama again.  The Gumuz enjoyed it so much that they all stayed for a second performance.  And I believe the last performance was their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment