Friday, December 30, 2011

Road adventures ... time to go ...

It is quite likely that we all feel the same in regards to road trips.  When the trip is in the distant future, I look forward to the visit or holiday with anticipation.  It will be so good to get a break from the regular routine and environment.  As the trip draws near,  I begin wondering why we are leaving after all.   Maybe we don’t really need to go, maybe we should just stay home.  Then the day arrives that I need to pack.  Why are we going again?  Isn’t it more work than it is worth.  And I spend ½ a day or more packing and I get little sleep that night wondering what I might all have missed.
Then it is time to go.  Kalia and Joel find a spot along with the luggage, the 3 girls are in the middle seats and Rolf and I in the front.  If it stayed that way, it would go well.  But Sonia hasn’t been in a moving vehicle for months and is not happy.
So we do some rearranging (Ariana goes into Nadia’s car seat, Nadia into Sonia’s carseat and Sonia on my lap).   Joel is feeling carsick so he moves to the front seat.  And we are set ...
The road is still bumpy, there are still drop offs without warning and it is still a challenge to keep everyone happy but it was a pleasant drive compared to the last one.  The vehicle we now own has better suspension, parts of the road were fixed and we could travel  double the speed and we have air conditioning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment