Friday, December 30, 2011

A sad tale

We have 4 daughters and a son. With that comes plenty of emotions most days. This morning, I wasn't quite prepared though for my oldest daughter's tears. She burst into the house, tears streaming down her face, saying “our bunny is frozen.”
We decided to bring our rabbit to Addis since the weather in Gesses is so hot and we were finding it particularly challenging to find food suitable for her. We had plans to leave her with friends for a few months and bring her back to Gesses in May.
The children next door and Kalia played most of the day with the rabbit, dressing it up in a homemade dress that they sewed and then in a ballerina dress. So this morning, Kalia had plans to once again play with our bunny, Vixie.
And so it was rather traumatic for her to go to the hutch and find her frozen. And of course it was only found out after Rolf had left for the day. I must admit I didn't have the heart to go and see it. I have shed my share of tears as a child over the death of a pet. I don't think I have the energy to do it all over again. Still, I was sorry that Vixie died.
Rolf is back and he gets the same role as my own father had many years ago ... digging a hole for a dear pet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kalia, Grandma is so sorry about Vixie dying but so happy that you got to play with her all day yesterday. You will miss her, won't you? Grandma F

    ReplyDelete