Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemade gifts

And then there is gift giving.  It is a tradition that is hard to break so we aren’t trying too hard.  But, there are no malls to go to ... so it is certainly more time consuming when you have to make your gifts.

It is also a challenge to find the time as our days are full and our kids are up early.  My evenings (aft er the kids are in bed) are when I am either found baking or sewing.  Rolf and I have fallen into the tradition of each making a gift for the children (or at times making one together).  I have one more gift to complete ... and then I have to help the kids finish their gifts.  To simplify things, our kids have Christmas box with each other but of course they all need help in making something.  And then they each want to give a present to one of the Schwenk kids.  

It is a neat opportunity though to teach our kids skills.  Rolf helps Joel with some projects involving wood and nails and I have been helping Kalia learn to sew.  (I will make sure to post some pictures after Christmas of some of the finished products).

No comments:

Post a Comment