Friday, February 17, 2012

Burn baby is exhausting me....

I need some people to pray. Yesterday, I spent 1.5 hours cleaning the burn baby. Today I spent 2.5 hours. It is painstaking work to clean off the old, dry skin so that new skin can form. This burn is 3rd degree on one leg, a large area of the stomach and one arm from the elbow to the fingers. Really skin grafting should be done. 
I was able to use a translator today and told the story of Hannah to the two ladies. I hope it will encourage them to believe in a God who answers prayers and desires a relationship with them. 
Now it is time for school with the kids and my energy is depleted...physically but more so emotionally.
Tomorrow the ladies are supposed to return with the baby. If they have done their job of keeping the wound covered with the plastic wrap and bandage, my job will be easy. If not, it will be another long procedure. I don't know how much longer they will keep coming back so pray for God's speedy healing so that they can see their coming is making a difference.
I am also trying to figure out how to renew our email account in Gesses when communication is so complicated. I can't directly contact the person so I am figuring out a round about way of doing that. Until then, we cannot access our email.

No comments:

Post a Comment