I am actually amazed that we did it. 5 days of school finished and our new schedule actually worked for the most part.
On four occasions, I had the distinct feeling that I was being watched. Each time, I found that someone was either peering in a window or the front door.
Two times they were just curious boys/men that we knew and two times it was ladies that came for medical treatment.
Though I hate turning people away, I decided I needed to stick with my “rule” as it will be the only way that we actually do school.
I will treat people before school (8-8:30am) or after school (12 noon or after). I have to say though when school breaks for lunch, I need a break. So far I haven’t had too many people at my door though which is probably why the week went better than I imagined it would.
The kids have “taught” me well on the different routines and ways that Auntie Nicole did school. I have adapted some things but for the most part we are following a similar schedule to their past one.
I have enjoyed the extra time with my children and seeing them succeed at Math and get excited about History and reading.
This is a new season and I hope that I can embrace it with all my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment