Saturday, February 18, 2012

Email answered prayer

Thank you for praying. Without our email working, I have been unable to send prayer updates during a crucial time. Though I wrote several blog entries and sent them, none of them actually went anywhere. 
Please keep on praying for the Lord to use me in the lives of this family with the burned baby and that they and I would persevere. 
Pray also for the ongoing conflict here. It is very quiet (which is not a good thing). It means men are not walking places as they are used to and it means scheming. 
But praise the Lord that this morning, I was able to figure out what the problem was concerning our email and we are once again able to communicate. 
This week without email, the Lord blessed me with a phone call from my friend Doretha in Ethiopia who prayed for me and encouraged me. Then last night, when I was feeling entirely disconnected from family, I received my first international text from my parents! What a surprise. We were able to text a few times back and forth. Then I was woken up by a phone call from my sister who was able to skype to our cell phone (also a first experience). The Lord blessed me through these communications and I was encouraged knowing that people would be praying for us again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment