Saturday is market day in Dibate. It is a day for selling and buying goods. There isn't much to buy and sell by our standards and hardly worth walking 10km. But for the Gumuz it is also a social time where they meet to share news with each other.
With so many people in town, Gesses was pretty quiet. I was hopeful that the burn baby would return so that I could continue treatment but they never came. I realize that I need to somehow disengage from situations that I cannot control and show compassion when I am able to help. It is more difficult to do than to say.
Tomorrow, I plan to meet with the ladies after church to set out a teaching schedule that we can all manage. Pray that these ladies would continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness.
With so many people in town, Gesses was pretty quiet. I was hopeful that the burn baby would return so that I could continue treatment but they never came. I realize that I need to somehow disengage from situations that I cannot control and show compassion when I am able to help. It is more difficult to do than to say.
Tomorrow, I plan to meet with the ladies after church to set out a teaching schedule that we can all manage. Pray that these ladies would continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness.

No comments:
Post a Comment