Jetlag continues with full force.....
The difficulty with jetlag is that one is not only dealing with time
change but also the loss of an entire night. How can one quickly and
effectively deal with jetlag with 5 children? All I know is that we
must have done something wrong. Kalia slept for 15 hours (having
slept right through Thursday night until noon Friday) so I figured she
skipped jetlag. Actually it was likely a response to her being sick
on the journey.
Joel, Ariana and Sonia slept until 2pm and Nadia slept until 4pm. I
should have woken everyone up much earlier but I assumed that this
rest was actually needed!
So I thought, I can still fix this. We will just go to bed later in
the evening so that everyone is ready for bed. Steve & Doretha
Limiero +3 joined us for the evening. They are with another mission
organization and are dear friends to us. They just returned from the
States 3 months ago. Our children were begging for Ethiopian food so
we had a “snack” at 8pm. Unfortunately, the kebe (butter) was thick
along with oil and the shiro (bean stew) was enjoyed too much by our
son Joel. After the Limiero’s left, he threw up. At midnight he woke
up again and threw up again and then felt much better. Oops....
Rolf and Joel went to sleep while the girls and I hung out. At 3am, I
gave in and we had breakfast. I think we were all asleep by 5am.Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Day/Night Three: Friday Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So glad to "follow" along on this journey! We talk about you almost everyday and will continue to pray for you. Any specific prayer requests, especially regarding the kids, would be wonderful. Then not only can Jay and I pray for you but the kids can pray for your kids as well. We continue to pray that carry-on finds its way to you!
ReplyDelete