Wednesday, August 17, 2011


The Lost has been Found! Praise the Lord. The miracle happened and our bag was found in the Lufthansa airport. It is supposed to be flown to the Addis Ababa airport in the next day or two. Pray that our SIM rep won't have difficulty getting it out of customs. We are amazed again at the impossible. 

This morning, I had the opportunity to teach 10 Gumuz women. They are believers who have little knowledge but have received some teaching in the past. Askale (female Ethiopian evangelist) translated from Amharic to Gumuz for me and I chose to teach on the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin. After spending a lot of time this month thinking and praying through a number of lost items, it felt appropriate to talk about the joy when something is found. They could also identify with this. I was able to share the great celebration that takes place in heaven when a sinner chooses to follow Jesus! My hope is that these 10 women will be instrumental in sharing the gospel with their neighbours and friends.

Update Two: Challenges in Communication. We are still only able to send email through our teammates computer which has kept me from writing much. I appreciate your patience and prayers until we are better able to communicate. I would love to be sending more regular updates. There are a dozen urgent things to do and setting up email communication is just one of those things (waiting on advice from someone in the States). 

Our plan is to be here in Gesses one more week before we head to Addis Ababa next Sunday/Monday. We are doing well. Our children are happy and healthy (for the most part) and have observed lots of new things already.

No comments:

Post a Comment