Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Part One: Winnipeg to Toronto


Tuesday morning dawned bright and early. Rolf and I got a few hours
of sleep. The children all woke happy and we were off to the airport
with both of our parents. When we arrived in Winnipeg with our 21
boxes, we were complemented numerous times on our organization and
efficiency. All boxes weighed in at 50lbs (that was many hours of
work) and were checked through to Addis Ababa. PTL!
Our farewells were short after a quick snack together. We managed
customs but struggled under too many carry-ons (since 2 children
weren’t actually physically carrying anything). Why did we do that?
We met Marta and her husband from Paraguay who you prayed for.
(Remember we asked you to pray for help?) Marta cared for Sonia while
I did some reorganizing of carry-ons, changed a diaper, etc. They
also helped us with our carry-ons.
The flight went great and the youngest 2 napped. We arrived in
Toronto at 3pm and had a short 3 layover.




1 comment:

  1. Yes- I like the part about Marta being your 'ministering angel'...especially that she's from Paraguay!! :)

    ReplyDelete