Wotak was at our door again today....he averages 3 times a week, sometimes more. But there are others that come to our door. A Gumuz man who has hosted us several times in his home came to our door stating he was really hungry.
His wife and kids are away again. They seem to spend a lot of time at her mother’s village which is far away. The main reason for this is that she is sick. I haven’t asked if this is the norm for Gumuz though I am well acquainted with this behaviour among the Sudanese. It is a rare event that a woman would stay home and be cared for by her husband or neighbours during times of illness.
This morning in our devotions we talked about being thankful again and how the Lord cares for all our needs. We may not be going hungry but we are surrounded by people who are. I have often hoped that I could see the needs of others before they would need to ask but I have a feeling if I knew how many people go to bed hungry at night, I wouldn’t emotionally last here.
These people are hardy and they are well acquainted with hunger. We can help but we cannot meet everyone’s needs. Our greatest prayer is that they would hunger and thirst for righteousness. That is why we are here. This type of hunger can always be filled!

No comments:
Post a Comment