Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tuesday, Day 3: Strep throat and visitors


It was a fitful night. I was up 4 times for children – Joel had a fever and a very sore throat. I suspected strep throat and so did Joel since we all had it last year. The lambs woke up each time that the kids did so that made it a rather challenging night. The lambs are now very active and cute. They actually leap in to the air! So we will find a new home for them. 

In the morning, Joel still had a fever and swollen lymph nodes, so I decided to treat for strep throat. There are too many children living in close quarters and it would most certainly spread. Joel stayed home from school. 

The Colemans left at 7am and the Maclachlan's arrived before lunch. They are our team leaders and live in Injebara (about 3 hours towards Addis). They have recently arrived back from their home assignment. It was good to see them again. I have known them since I first came to Ethiopia in 1995. 

Debbie, Nicole and I had tea and prayer time together which was nice. Barry managed to find a mother sheep which will hopefully adopt our two lambs. 

Rolf was busy all day and we were able to talk at lunch and briefly at supper before the network failed. Somehow it is easier being separated this time (part of the reason is that we know he will be home sooner than last time). Unfortunately Rolf hasn't been able to get the internet connection working. There is a prayer letter and pictures waiting to be sent from Addis. But I am definitely more tired so I cancelled my language learning time and am just doing some self study. 

The kids and I are also getting a musical program ready for Thursday – American Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment