Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday, Day Four: Our Great Shepherd knows my needs


Well, the Lord has graciously given me joy this morning. I believe there are many praying for me and you need to know that your prayers are sustaining us and even encouraging us. Thank you. Last night, I did manage to get a few hours of sleep but I had several ill children. Joel spiked a fever and had a severe headache and so I treated him for malaria again. It is quite possible that when his immunity is down (ie with strep throat) that malaria hits him quickly. (It is quite likely that this is recurring malaria since once it is in your blood, it can keep coming back). 

Ariana, Nadia and Sonia were all dealing with earaches and children needed to get up to go to the bathroom. Once everyone was settled for the night (4:30am), I lay awake listening to the scurrying feet on our ceiling and wondered what mischief the rats or bush babies were getting into. But thankfully, I did not have the lambs on my back porch. 

This morning however, Mesalech was distressed as the lambs were no longer thriving as the mother they had been given to nurse from is all dried up. The kids and Mesalech will supplement the lambs but they will live near the mother sheep. The children are busy with their chores (feeding the lambs and the chickens) before and after school.  

And I wish you could see how beautifully these lambs follow Kalia EVERYWHERE she goes. In fact they are right on her heels nearly tripping over each other to be close to her. They know that she will care for them and feed them...especially if they start calling her. She may not respond to them immediately (especially now that they have moved up to the sheep pen) but she knows what they need. And when she calls their names: Ginger. Cocoa. They know their names and they come running!  

It has been a good way to understand more fully how great our Good Shepherd is. Can we trust Him so fully? Can we follow Him so closely? When He calls us, will we run to Him? “The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.” I might be tired but I am cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment